THE BEAST
THE BEAST
THE BEAST
@thebeast

Doomed & Stoned in South Africa by Doomed & Stoned

THE BEAST » Forum » Free Bandcamp Downloads » Page » Doomed & Stoned in South Africa by Doomed & Stoned
Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
06/26/18 11:39:39PM
194 posts

I’ve been intrigued by the South African heavy music scene since I first stumbled upon Juggernaught’s music video, “Mountain Man” on YouTube seven years ago. Suffice it to say, I was fascinated by everything. I would go on to discover that South Africa has metal roots that stretch back to at least 1970, when a band called Suck, inspired by their discovery of Black Sabbath and this new heavy metal craze, recorded an amazing cover of "War Pigs."

I’m hardly alone in my intrigue for what the Zulu tongue calls simply “the land down south.” In a recent interview with Doomed & Stoned, Primitive Man’s Ethan McCarthy named South Africa as a destination of choice to take the band. South Africa blipped on the radar again when I encountered a project called Demons From The Dungeon Dimension, which led to a feature-length story on the heavy music scene there.

Fast forward to September 2017, when I stumbled upon The League of Doom, “a project hell bent on preserving, nurturing, and expanding the passion for metal’s orphan sub-genre, DOOM.” Naturally, I was delighted and did some digging, making acquaintances with promoter Justin Bedford and Tim Harbour from the band Mad God. Tim kindly volunteered to organize some of the acts in his... more
credits
released June 26, 2018

Thanks to Tim Harbour from Mad God and Johni Holiday from Ruff Majik for organizing the compilation and Lyle Van'Dango from Goat Throne for providing the album art.

a2571691780_10.jpg
download
212KB

Sitemap