BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS
1. This is the first album entirely worked on exclusively by Michael Sanchez, he's been the main songwriter for Pain Patterns and has had his contributions towards Judicator, but everything done by King Ov Wyrms so far is all done by him with no outside additions.
2. This is the 2nd full-length album Michael has produced from his home studio Odyssey Sound Studios, aside from doing some preproduction for several Tucson bands and helping record for the Judicator albums, and taking the production control for Pain Patterns.
3. King Ov Thornes has gone through at least 8 different band members before ultimately becoming a solo effort, the original idea was to feature some of Michael's personal favorite band members from his favorite Arizona based death metal groups.
4. This is the first time Michael’s vocals have been recorded, Michael has done backing vocals for Pain Patterns for several years under the instruction of Jesse Lujan (Pain Patterns main vocalist). After recording some demo vocals for early King Ov Wyrms tracks Michael was pushed to attempt doing vocals for the whole album by Paul Black of Turned To Stone and Patrick Parris of Project Roenwolfe.
King Ov Wyrms is homage to classic death and black metal acts of the late ’80s/early ’90s with a touch of modern aggression.
Formed in Tucson, AZ. King came from the want of a more aggressive act when the main band of Michael Sanchez, Pain Patterns, started taking its roots in early 2015. He loved the music he was creating but felt that the band couldn’t fulfill his desire for a purely aggressive musical venture.
The project went through many different lineup changes only to be consistently held together by Sanchez. Having studied classical music and jazz to a degree while growing up, it gave him the tools to write comfortably on his own even in the concept of metal music. He starts out with a basic riff or a small melody line off of a piano and just adds on and on until it manifests into some sort of abomination of sound.
In early 2020 upon Sanchez’s departure from the power metal act Judicator, he decided to pull King out of hiatus but only as a solo effort to produce a full-length album. Over the span of several months, Sanchez was able to completely record all of the songs previously written for King as a full lineup, this time all the music was performed and written solely by him.
King Ov Wyrms will release its debut album “Lord Ov Thornes” on November 20th, 2020, and it will feature lyrical themes encompassing the occult, and a deep love for Lovecraftian horror.
2020 – Lord Ov Thornes
[Download Album Cover
| Download Album Lyrics
Album Title: Lord Ov Thornes
Release Date: November 20th, 2020
1. Threnody (5:48)
2. The Great Sleeper (7:31)
3. Hell’s Breathe (5:40)
4. From Below (5:51)
5. The Maggots That Crawled From The Wounds (8:57)
6. Lechery (4:24)
7. Thorne Bearer (4:18)
8. Ascendance Of A Continual One (8:53)
Album Length: 51:26
• All songs performed by: Michael Sanchez
• All songs written by: Michael Sanchez
• Produced by: Michael Sanchez
• Mixed by: Michael Sanchez (Odyssey Sound Studios)
• Mastered by: Michael Sanchez (Odyssey Sound Studios)
• Album Artwork by: Thomas Carlson
• Member of ASCAP
Album Band Line Up:
Michael Sanchez – Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Drum Programming