GUNS N' ROSES ' "Sweet Child O' Mine" is now officially the first music video from the 1980s to rock its way into YouTube 's Billion Views Club. This new milestone marks the second decade milestone for the band whose 1992 video for the epic masterpiece "November Rain" , broke records in 2018 as the first (and so far only) video from the 1990s to reach 1 billion views.
GUNS N' ROSES injected unbridled attitude into the burgeoning Los Angeles rock scene and went on to captivate the entire world with the July 21, 1987 release of "Appetite For Destruction" , which remains the best-selling U.S. debut album ever, selling more than 30 million copies globally. The band's ongoing success of the "Not In This Lifetime" worldwide tour now become the fourth spot on the list of the most successful tours in music history on its first three years with no sign of slowing down.
GUNS N' ROSES ' staying power is undeniable. With more than 6.7 million YouTube subscribers and record-breaking videos across decades, the band and their iconic music continues to inspire. Their loyal legion of hard-rocking fans from all over the world keep coming back to their classic videos, making them one of the top 200 most viewed artists of 2019 globally on YouTube .
Below are some interesting stats about GUNS N' ROSES video views, followed by the top five videos from the '80s and '90s.
GUNS N' ROSES stats:
* "November Rain" is the only music video from the 1990s in the Billion Views Club.
* "Sweet Child O' Mine" is the first music video from the 1980s to enter the Billion Views Club
* GUNS N' ROSES has amassed over 6.7 million subscribers on their official artist channel.
* Daily views of GUNS N' ROSES have averaged 3.1 million in 2019
* GUNS N' ROSES is amongst the top 200 most viewed artist of 2019 both globally and in the U.S.
* GUNS N' ROSES has already earned over 895 million views in 2019, earning massive numbers in countries like the United States (163 million), Brazil (117 million), Mexico (112 million), Argentina (48 million), and Colombia (37 million).
* The official music video for "Sweet Child O' Mine" has seen an average of 590,000 daily views in 2019
Top Five Music Videos by Decade [1980s and 1990s]
GUNS N' ROSES - "Sweet Child O' Mine" - 1B
A-HA - "Take On Me" - 943M
CYNDI LAUPER - "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" - 786M
THE POLICE - "Every Breath You Take" - 699M
MICHAEL JACKSON - "Billie Jean" - 694M
GUNS N' ROSES - "November Rain" - 1.2B
NIRVANA - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - 968M
THE CRANBERRIES - "Zombie" - 962M
WHITNEY HOUSTON - "I Will Always Love You" - 859M
4 NON BLONDES - "What's Up" - 765M