• Artist: ABOVE US THE WAVES
• Album: "Rough On High Seas"
• Song: "Afterlife"
• Label: Growl Records (A Division Of Rock Of Angels Records)
• EU Release Date: 08.06.2018
• ROAR! Website: http://www.roar.gr
• GROWL RECORDS on FB: https://www.facebook.com/growlrecords/
• ROAR! on FB: https://www.facebook.com/RockofAngelsRecords/
• Contact ROAR!: firstname.lastname@example.org || email@example.com
• ABOVE US THE WAVES on FB: https://www.facebook.com/autwband/
Rough on High Seas is the sophomore album by Above Us The Waves, a record that clearly depicts a more mature and darker approach to their sound. AUTW, while keeping the main characteristics of their riff oriented and melodic modern metal/hardcore intact, have moved to a more raw and organic sound, away from the repetitive and highly processed norms of modern day metalcore. Assisted by the characteristic “punkish” approach of ex-Defeater’s Jay Mass and the guidance of their producer Jim Siou, they have shifted the focus to delivering a high energy performance that could bring the energy of their live shows and the raw emotion of the lyrics into the spotlight. The music sets the dark tone to the concept of loss that runs through every song of the album. Loss of safety, love, youth, innocence, freedom, home, aspirations, promises, as experienced on various aspects of our lives, but also loss as a means to rebirth. Rough on High Seas can also be seen as a metaphor for one of the most hard and struggling periods of the band that “gave birth” to this album.
• Guest drums on Afterlife by Nick Pavlakis (ex-Kin Beneath Chorus)
• Written and performed by Above Us The Waves
• Produced by Jim Siou and AUTW
• Engineered by Jim Siou
• Mixed and Mastered by Jay Maas (Defeater, Bane, Capsize, Counterparts, Dead Swans) at Getaway Recording, Boston USA.
• Drums Recordings by Fotis Dermetzis at Mix Studios, Thessaloniki GR
• Drums edited by Daniel Sebastian Fraser at Getaway Recording
• Artwork design by Manthos Stergiou https://www.mansterdesign.com/
Dinos Kontelas – Bass
Stratos Kannos – Drums
Vangelis Papavasileiou – Vocals
George Aslanis – Guitars
Vasilis Tsantalis – Guitars
1. Drowning Not Waving
3. Light The Flare
4. Seaside Junk
5. Still Rough On High Seas
7. Poor Man's Monaco
Video Directed by Nondas Sapidis (https://www.facebook.com/nonsapvisuals
Actors: Natalia T., Konstantinos M.
© 2018, Growl Records, A Division Of Rock Of Angels Records / Infinity Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.