The Beast
The Beast
The Beast
@thebeast

Why Do Online Radio Stations Fight?

The Beast » Forum » Random Shit » Page » Why Do Online Radio Stations Fight?
Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
05/13/18 05:26:47PM
204 posts

This is a never ending battle many in the radio dj world are very aware of, but many listeners and bands often only see what happens on the surface and hardly have any idea of the amount of bullshit that goes on behind the scenes. I have been threatened with everything from lawsuits to death threats from many different stations over fucking radio bullshit and its fucking ridiculous. But, when you are at the top of the heap as we our via stats and scores across many platforms i guess it is just what is to be expected. But i am sure many of my peers can agree anyone in the radio business has dealt with this from time to time. Since we have a forum here i figure we might as well start documenting all this as it is quite entertaining. Of course battling it out on Facebook seems like a foolish idea since all you simply have to do to get banned is disagree with someone in a comment thread and that is usually all it takes... unfortunately.

So Friday night during my show i was having an incredible time and was taking snap shots of my stats as i always do and posting them on Facebook.. why because bands like to know how many metal heads are tuning into the shit getting played and if it looks good then fuck.. why not right.

Now i was busy doing my show and posting more images and chatting it up with the chatters on site and after my show i went to bed just a bit after midnight, so i did not notice the snide remarks that started coming in from another station.

They are listed in this image not exactly looking very good, i suppose. But far better than most, so i don't see the reason for the bad attitude really and they should have actually been happy i was giving them free advertisement but some people just do not see things that way, and that is fine whatever.

But what is hilarious is they literally stayed parked on a shoutcast page (one of the many networks MDR is streamed on) and watched the numbers drop through the night till i have no idea when. Then they take a picture of what looks to be MDR unless it was photoshopped, playing a band i have never heard of and did not play during my show with a low number of unique ip addresses (which btw only represents a local internet connection that can have many different users), maybe it was the dj after me, who knows, maybe they just made it up! I don't know and frankly it does not matter but the fact that they thought this would be good to use in a case trying to say i was lying with my post is rather pathetic and comical at best. Here is the images and thread that has now been deleted and blocked from my page on FB, enjoy and comment your opinions.

updated by @thebeast: 06/01/18 06:24:50PM
Ayskura
@ayskura
05/13/18 05:30:42PM
6 posts

keep on doing great guys, fuck all these bullshits... no one should fight, this only brings people down which should never happen. you are doing something wonderful, keep on \metal/ guys!!!

crashlanding
@laurawaldron
05/13/18 05:54:25PM
1 posts

Too much time on that MNR channel.  Not enough listeners/chatters to pay attention to.  Obsessed=flattering heh.  Great Job MDR

Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
05/13/18 06:06:03PM
204 posts

I have tried to keep quiet about most of the shit that has happened in the past but maybe that is the wrong approach maybe this type of shit just needs to be put on blast so people understand better what we are dealing with here and what kind of people are out there.

DJ Thunderess
@dj-thunderess
05/13/18 07:34:45PM
24 posts

damn sorry that it comes too this buts lets all stick together and keep strong any weirdness report too Zach or Marietta aka our mommma love you all cheers

Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
05/13/18 10:21:00PM
204 posts

yeah i just dont get it man i dont spend any time and have no desire to troll any other dj on another stations posts at all in fact for the most part i try to distance myself from them as much as possible but i do get a lot of friend requests and i dont check to see always who all i am friends with i have 5k maxed out on fb but i let it be that way to help me reach large crowds to promote our shows. if i see someone is at a nother station and i have no interaction with them i usually un friend em of course there are a few here and there and none of this has anything to do with independant podcasters i have nothing but love and respect for them. but i just dont get why these stations constantly watch my every fucking move

Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
05/14/18 07:17:16PM
204 posts

ya know at one time i actually looked up to MNR and a few others but ever since our rank went up they have trolled us to the point that i have lost all respect for them. In the beginning i had this ridiculous idea that we could all exist in this massive metal network and help each other out ... but one after another they all turned their backs to us and that idea and it has been a full out war for what ? Its one thing to boast about your stats and comparisons among your peers but it is a totally other thing to actually go to some other stations thread and berate them in front of there friends. No class and zero integrity  the whole reason i created MDR and left MHR was to escape all the drama and ego maniacal bullshit that was going on and getting in the way of promoting and enjoying the music.... but none the less it follows no matter what. There really is no escape it just is what it is and i dont think there will ever be peace. not with people like this anyway.

Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
06/01/18 06:24:25PM
204 posts
here is the image of what trev posted on his facebook trying to call us liars
Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
06/01/18 06:26:17PM
204 posts
sorry meant to say i added it to the images above if you want to see so people dont think i am making any of this up or whatever hahhahahahah its too funny man thats what he does in his spare time is watch some of our stats on shoutcast

Sitemap