@thebeast
06/26/18 08:16:43PM
194 posts

updated by @thebeast: 01/24/19 03:33:51PM
Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
06/29/18 12:18:10PM
194 posts

As stated in this video ONLY UPLOAD YOUR OWN CONTENT!

Do not upload any material you do not have copyright for or you can get fined and will get banned from MDR!

If you are a dj or podcaster you can upload interviews but not the music, instead we encourage you to ask the band to create a profile and uploadĀ  music the bands profile.

This does not apply to Mixcloud, Soundcloud and Youtube. Those sites have regulations set in place to keep everything legal.

Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
06/29/18 12:20:40PM
194 posts

I forgot to mention in the video the importance of the genre selection when uploading audio. I have created a new page just for interviews that will select audio uploaded based on if it has "interview" set in the genre selection and also pulls from blogs created using the "interview" as a category. I will soon create a page that will showcase all the music from bands uploaded to the site based on genre so it will be segregated in separate lists!

Zach Moonshine
@thebeast
08/05/18 11:49:27PM
194 posts

The Audio feature is no longer available to free memberships it is only available to paid members. We simply dont have enough financial support at this time to support that feature for free. It was very heavy on bandwidth and disc space on the servers and after some tests it really isn't used all that much, unless it is embedded in a blog. Of course in a blog you can embed all audio formats from other sources like youtube and soundcloud etc So it just makes more sense to let those bigger sites carry the burden of hosting soo many files.

Sitemap